McAlvain Companies; Boise, Idaho based, self-performing, Commercial General Contractor is seeking a high energy PROJECT ENGINEER. Every employee at McAlvain is considered a member of the McAlvain Family. The McAlvain Family is constantly on the lookout for persons who are highly motivated, work well with teams, technically proficient and want to learn and grow with us. Employment with us is a long-term opportunity with higher wages, supportive learning environment and excellent benefits. At McAlvain, SAFETY IS ALWAYS FIRST. McAlvain is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. For 40 years we have been providing commercial construction, design/build, excavation, concrete, construction management and general contracting services throughout Idaho, North West and the Western United States.
The Project Engineer will assist the project management team in meeting client expectations and maintaining McAlvain standards of quality, productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness including, but not limited to, the following:
- Scheduling and logistics planning
- Change order management
- Cost control and estimating
- Preparing scopes of work and technical writing
- Plan review/value engineering
- Document control
- Subcontracts and vendor solicitations
- Managing the RFI process
- Preparing detailed meeting minutes/responsibility matrices
- Architect/engineer interaction
- Prefer minimum 2 years experience with $5+ MM commercial and/or industrial projects
- Must have strong analytic skills in evaluating situations and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Must be computer literate (MS Office including Excel, Primavera, etc.)
- 4-year technical degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or experience equivalent required
- Be a team player
- Highly organized
- Demonstrate a take-charge attitude.
EOE – Drug Free – Safety #1
“I work for McAlvain because of the consistency my family and I need, the support and respect from my co-workers I deserve, the challenge of work I expect and the opportunity for personal growth and achievement I crave. ” – Lenny Thomason, Concrete Superintendent. Lenny joined McAlvain in 2006 as a laborer with an attitude of “when opportunity knocks, answer it!” Lenny learned from the best, worked hard as a team player each day and advanced himself up through carpenter, lead man, foreman and currently serves as Concrete Superintendent. Today, Lenny continues to be an outstanding employee and enjoys helping others around him be the best they can be. Look for Lenny as a member of the McAlvain family!
Applications are retained for consideration for 30 days after date of application.